This Week

November 29, 2013




This week we had our first snowfall that was just thick enough to cover the ground, and the kid in me squealed with delight (and the grown-up in me bundled up in three layers of clothes). I can feel Christmas coming! Eating clementines and drinking warm apple cider this week made me feel extra Christmas-y, too.

With American Thanksgiving this week, and Canadian Thanksgiving last month, I've enjoyed such an open expression of gratitude, and avalanche of thankfulness from all corners of the internet for two months now. There truly is so much to be thankful for year round (even if sometimes it feels like our blessings are put away as an afterthought, and then tacked on to the last months of the year).

This week I cut off 12 inches of my hair. I feel like I eventually need to dedicate a post just on this topic because it was such a drastic change. I will say that I love it. I feel reinvented; I feel like I forgot what my neck looked like; I feel free.

We're debating on whether to buy a tree this year - I'm still not sure if we can trust those rascally felines of ours, especially Henry (who has lately been perching on top of our little Ikea greenhouse, what a guy).

Happy Thanksgiving to any American readers. Have a lovely weekend, and stay warm!

No comments :

Post a Comment