New Year

January 02, 2014


Well, happy new year! There we are, in instant film glory, on Day One of Twenty-Fourteen.

We welcomed in 2014 at a New Year's dance with some of our dearest, oldest friends, and stayed up far, far later than we are used to these days. We're just happy that we made it out the front door, to be honest, after two years spent watching When Harry Met Sally at home, just the two of us. We might deserve a medal for this one, guys.

2013 felt monumental to me, in so many little ways. I felt happier, healthier, more in love, and more fulfilled than ever. It took me a while to find myself in my marriage, to understand who I was in such close reference to someone else, but 2013 was the year that everything started to fall in to place. And thank goodness.

I tend to not make New Year's resolutions, because there's no better time than the present - any time of the year - to act on our aspirations! But I've still found myself quietly making a new list of future goals over the past few weeks as if I was preparing. Some of my goals are as big as travelling overseas and learning a new language or as small as cooking more often, being a better listener, and making plans with friends (because I really am the worst friend in that respect).

Whether or not I achieve these goals in this calendar year won't make or break me, but there is power in putting intentions into words, and even in sharing them with others. I have genuinely enjoyed reading and being inspired by others resolutions the past few days. I wish you all the best - and feel free to share below!

Thank you to those who started following my dive back in to blogging the past few months, and welcome to all new readers of 2014. It's going to be a great year.

1 comment :

  1. Happy New Year to you!! I like that you don't really do resolutions--I think sometimes resolutions make it harder to enjoy the year. Hope your week is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete