Winter Blues

February 19, 2014


I struggle to cope with winter (daily pep talks to myself). I am at constant war with the weather, knowing that I need the outdoors, but also that I can't face the cold. I had been trying my hardest to put on my bravest face this year - grit my chattering teeth and bear it - and then I hit my wall mid-January, and wasn't sure I could stand another second of this icy-toed nearly-sun-less existence (Honestly, I was ready to petition for Human Hibernation to become a national law).

Some small part of courage must have rallied in me, because, while on our way to a dinner date on Saturday, I thought it would be nice to take a walk along the lakefront, despite the snow and ice. I swear, a beautiful view can be life-changing: Suddenly all those hues of blue and the sinking winter sun seemed like the turning point - a breath of fresh air - to get me through the homestretch till spring.







1 comment :

  1. I'm with you--winter weather gets me down. Thankfully here in Florida, I rarely have to deal with it. But I can vividly remember the struggle it was to feel healthy, happy, and motivated! The cold is not my friend haha.

    These photos are gorgeous--looks like the view was worth braving the cold. Winter definitely revealed its beauty to you this day :)

    ReplyDelete