New York City, Part V

July 16, 2014




In the days leading up to our trip to New York, I started to get anxious. There's a certain pressure that comes from visiting one of the most well-known cities in the world, to somehow cram every famous sight and experience into that timeframe. I had to quickly come to terms with the fact that each New York experience has to be its own, it couldn't be a reproduction of anyone else's. For us, it wasn't filled with photos of us posing in front of famous monuments (though, granted, there are a few of those) - this first trip (because there will be more) was about getting to know the city, getting a feel for the streets, the subway, the people, the energy - and letting go of feeling the need to see everything, and instead to appreciate everything that we did see, in our own way. There are no number of photographs or words to sum up our individual experience. New York, you were unforgettable.

These last photographs are from our last day spent in Manhattan with Patricio's family, when we visited the "Top of the Rock" (30 Rockefeller Plaza). We also visited the Ground Zero Museum, but I will forego sharing any of those photographs.

Most of the family, minus the uncles!


This view was one of the biggest highlights of our trip.




Patricio loves photographs of tourists kissing, so I took this one for him.





The Grant to my Kerr, the Murray to my Weaver.


Another blurry photograph for the collection. Ha!


Sometimes when I want Patricio to take a photo of me, I make him stand in for a few test shots to set up light/framing. I always get a few nice natural shots of him. What a hunk.




Fin!

1 comment :