26 weeks

January 31, 2015



How far along?: 26 weeks (and a half)

Total weight gain: 11 lbs - after hardly gaining anything for months, I'm gaining weight a lot more quickly suddenly.

How I'm feeling: I've had a small surge of energy the past couple days and started exercising (some light jogging and squats), which I was pretty sporadic about even before I was pregnant. I'm a bit sore, but I sleep better on the days that I work out.

How I'm changing: I could feel my belly stretching and growing all last weekend (ouch), and could definitely see some extra stomach come Monday morning. I feel like I actually look pregnant now, rather than like I've just put on a few pounds in my middle.

What I'm eating: Way too much pasta (sans tomato sauce still) - I'm a bit sick of it, to be honest. Baked/boiled potatoes with steamed spinach are my stomach's new favourite. And Envirokids cereal with almond milk.

Movement: My OBGYN said that at this point in pregnancy I should be feeling six movements in two hours. Which just made me laugh, because this baby is constantly on the move - I'd be a bit worried if I only felt six! Baby is kicking  and rolling around like crazy, especially in the early morning hours when I'm trying to sleep.

Cravings: Randomly, veggie dogs, with just the tiniest squirt of ketchup. I ate three in a row on Sunday, and my stomach was very satisfied.

Missing anything?: Being able to wear all of my clothes - couple shirts and dresses just aren't fitting right anymore, but I'm feeling a bit stubborn about buying any maternity clothes.

Favourite moment: Visited my OBGYN this week and got to hear that sweet little baby heartbeat. 

3 comments :