Happy new year and some happy news

January 15, 2018



I am so happy to finally let the secret out that we are expecting another little someone midsummer of this year. The last few months have had their challenges, but it seems the fog (extreme nausea, dizziness, and vomiting, to be perfectly frank) has begun to lift, and now our joy and excitement can be celebrated more fully. 

We are so looking forward to welcoming another member into our family, and to see Ramona become a big sister (she's so excited that there's a baby growing inside me that she quite likes the idea of a baby growing in her too!). It still all feels a little dreamlike, that all of this is happening to us again. We feel so incrediby blessed and thankful.


In my pregnancy with Ramona, I shared the occasional “bumpdate” (bump update). While there is no bump to speak of yet, I thought I would get off to a good start of documenting this pregnancy by answering the same list of questions as last time.

How far along?: 14 weeks tomorrow.

Total weight gain: Nothing so far. But now that I’m able to eat more I’m sure that will change quickly.

How I'm feeling: More like myself again, thankfully, after nearly two months of all-day morning sickness. Still nauseous with tension headaches around the same time each day, but significantly better.

I’m feeling energetic, and channeling most of it into simplifying and organizing our space to feel prepared for another member of our home (I don’t think it qualifies as nesting this early on, does it?). I’m in a good mental space right now emotionally, creatively - I think partly due to joining the Homesong Rest Retreat this month - and feeling the need to continually fuel this creative high with books, podcasts, quiet reflection, and journaling. 

How I'm changing: Like with Ramona, I’m slowly starting to fill out around the middle but with no definable bump.

What I'm eating: A whole lot of potatoes in every form (mashed, baked, fried), and loads of broccoli. Tortilla chips and hummus. Coconut ice cream with frozen blueberries. I’m still learning what my stomach can handle after hardly being able to eat anything but rice cereal and potatoes for weeks.

Cravings: Peanut butter and chocolate. Ice cold water. Kung pao tofu from Whole Foods.

Missing anything?: Flavour. My taste buds are totally off, and most food tastes a little off or bland.

Favourite moment: Seeing the baby at my last ultrasound - those little arms and legs kicking, heartbeat fluttering. I couldn’t stop staring at the ultrasound images for the rest of day - it felt much more real at that moment being able to see the profile, the little vague impressions of fingers, of the tiny person we’re waiting for. I was finally able to show Ramona as well, who has been talking with non-stop excitement and interest about the baby inside me who “makes mommy sick.” She was completely in awe of to see evidence of this little bub.

Looking forward to: Those first kicks, that I know won’t come for a while now, but I loved that strange, wonderful and reassuring feeling when Ramona was inside me, and I’ve honestly missed how it feels.



Sources:
Striped linen dresses - Simply Grey
Clogs - Old Navy from several years ago

1 comment :

  1. Congratulations!! That is so exciting. I am almost due (February 21st) with my first and its a girl. I love your posts with Romona and her bedroom lol.

    Stephanie
    http://www.theallcanadiangirl.ca

    ReplyDelete