It's Beginning

November 18, 2013



When Patricio and I got married he moved from Toronto to my hometown. I have now lived here my entire life, including the past three years with Patricio. This is where my mum and dad took my siblings and I on all our earliest adventures, which are some of my most cherished memories, but I have to admit that I haven't felt very connected with my township over the years. Nowadays we are much more likely to escape to the big, beautiful city than stick around in our own quaint, little backyard.

This weekend we went to the local Santa Claus parade, for my first time in years - the route conveniently runs right down our street. It was the most beautiful day; mild enough to wear just a sweater. Of course, it was always freezing when I went as a child, and I would have to wear a hot water bottle inside my jacket to keep my chest warm (but seeing Santa made it worth it).

I was sort of in love with the light, something that is rare on these frequent overcast days, and couldn't help myself from taking several photographs, mostly of the crowd. Those faint little rainbow light leaks just make my day. And it really was just a darling little parade - I'd love to bring my future children one day!

So, enjoy looking at a bunch of people you (and I) don't know. 















And, of course:

I thought that going to the parade might make it sink in that it's almost Christmas for me, but it seems that the full weight of the holiday spirit will have wait until the week before Christmas, as usual.

I've been thinking about starting some new Christmas traditions this year with Patricio. My sister and I used to wake up early and dress up like elves to sing for my parents on Christmas morning.

Do you have any special traditions that you do every year?

Have a great week!

2 comments :

  1. In our family as kids, we used to have a big slumber party together on Dec 23rd. We would sleep 'under the Christmas tree' (or in the same room/area) and stay up singing songs, playing games, laughing, and eating treats under the twinkling lights of the tree. It's magical and I loved it! (And we still do it as adults usually, too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really does sound magical, Marci. What a great, fun tradition! Thanks for sharing. :)

      Delete